As mentioned in the previous post, I am no longer monitoring my portfolio picks for performance. However, the downside to this is that I do need to restrict my stock universe. I have brought down the number of stocks in my portfolio. I intend to keep bringing this down. Below is my current update and outlook on the eventual 40 odd stocks I intend to have in my long term portfolio:
|Sector||Stock||Current Outlook||Weightage in Portfolio|
|ICICI Bank||Sell on Rises|
|Indiabulls Housing Finance||Accumulate|
|Tata Inv. Corp||Hold|
|Oil and Gas||1.50%|
|Engineering and BtoB||9%|
|Agriculture and Agrochemicals||4%|
Of course, these 45 odd stocks constitute only 81% of my portfolio. Even these 45, I want to trim down to 25. Of the remaining 19%, the prominent ones I want to dispose off include: ITC, BASF Agrochemicals, Oriental Carbon, Selan,RS Software, CanFin Finance, Unichem Labs, Muthoot Capital, Shriram City Union Finance, PTC Finance, Kitex Garments, HUL, Gillete, Repro, National Peroxide, Mazda, Gandhi Special Tubes, Syndicate Bank, Carborandum Universal and Oriental Bank. I would do this right away, but the problem is that I am sitting on hefty capital gains on these, and I will wait for a year of holding to get rid of them. In some cases, I don’t like the stock well enough to buy, but I like it well enough to be reluctant to sell, unless I get a good price.
Pls. note: The above is simply a list of stocks I hold, and don’t intend to hold. This is a personal journal. It is neither a recommendation to buy/sell, nor is it an endorsement of any of the stocks being discussed. I am an amateur investor, with a patchy record, and my own peculiar risk profile. Please do your due diligence before you buy/sell any stock.